AVERSA - DP PUMPS s.r.l is the outcome of the joint venture between S.C.AVERSA S.A and DRAKOS POLEMIS GROUP.
Having an accumulated experience of more than 250 years in the global pump market, lead us to revive the pump range of Aversa with contemporary rational criteria in conjunction with the market demands.
AVERSA - DPPUMPS provides both standard and custom made pumps, the quality of which has been frequently recognized at national and international fairs.
Through Innovation, the AVERSA - DP PUMPS Research Department identifies the most suitable technical solutions for our customer’s needs.
Our variety of products are used in the industrial, agriculture, and energy fields.
Our services include pump production, installation, transport, service and monitoring.
The factory first established its foundry and mechanical workshop in 1882
At the beginning of the Second World War, the factory was occupied by the Army and changed its profile into arms production. The factory produced pieces for machine guns, for bombs and small campaign kitchens
In 1945, at the Annual General Meeting, the board decided that the old factory should be repositioned. Frequent fires that affected Bucharest in 1945-1946 created an opportunity for shareholders, who perceive the market needs and begin to manufacture pumps for fire extinguishing.
By 1950 Aversa had evolved to specialize in the production of a wide range of pumps for the industrial, agricultural and energy fields
In 1955, the first prototype workshop was established and the testing stand created
After several mergers, the company changes its name into “ Uzina de Pompe Bucuresti” in 1965 and focused exclusively on pump manufacturing and manufacturing spare parts for pumps
In 1977 there were over 3,800 employees working in the factory. They achieved the largest production in Aversa’s history: 75,555 pumps in one year.
Starting with 1985, the company was certified and started to deliver pumps for Cernavoda Nuclear Plant and Apa Grea (Heavy Water Plant) in Drobeta Turnu Severin.
As a supplier of goods and services for Romania’s nuclear facility (CNE-Cernavoda), Aversa implemented in 1982 a Quality Assurance System for nuclear stations pumps of CANDU type.
During 1980 – 1991, over 80% of the production was exported, the highest level of exports in the companies history
AVERSA has developed and manufactured pumps for a wide range of applications in a variety of industries including: Refineries, Mining, Petro chemistry, Steel industry, Chemistry, Sugar industry, Cryogenics, Ship building, Conventional power plants, Construction, Nuclear power plants, Agriculture, Pulp and paper, Water supply and distribution, Food industry, general service.
In 2018 AVERSA became part of DP PUMPS - DRAKOS POLEMIS GROUP.
Aversas Foundry’s activity dates back to 1882. Aversa uses gray cast iron, nodular cast iron, stainless steel, carbon steel (according to international standards DIN, NF, BS, UNI, ASTM). The foundry can cast machinery parts with weights between 1 and 5000 kilos.
Aversa has a production capacity of 12000 tons per year. Production equipment: 6 induction furnaces, automatic casting installation DISAMATIC 2013 MK 5-A and others. Control of casted parts: is made with the microscope, spectrometer, durometer, ultrasonic, penetrating liquids, RX, etc. The quality control system has been certified from 1999.
Aversa has traditionally participated every autumn at the Bucharest International Fair (TIB) in October. In recent years, Aversa has been taking place only to specialized fairs:
EXPO-PETRO Gas - takes place once every 2 years in Bucharest (October)
ACHEMA - the biggest international fair in Europe, that takes place once every 3 years in Frankfurt, Germany
Pumps, Armatures, Gaskets – specialized salon, yearly in Bucharest
INDUSTRY – international fair in Budapest, yearly (May-June)